Report of FEMED's participation at the conference on Enforced Disappearance of March 3 2021
On Wednesday, March 3, we had the chance to participate in a conference on enforced disappearance alongside leading experts, non-governmental organisations and diplomats. The goal of the conference was to share experiences acquired on the matter during the various activities undertaken and to discuss the way forward to promote the ratification of the International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance.
The following speakers were present at the conference :
- Mohammed Ayat, Chair of CED ;
- Michelle Bachelet, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights ;
- Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, Vicepresident Argentina ;
- Olivier de Frouville, Member of CED ;
- Alejandro Encinas, Undersecretary of Human Rights (Mexico) ;
- Elin Widsteen, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Norway) ;
- Abdel Salam Sidahmed, Senior advisor to the Government (Sudan) ;
- Bernard Duhaime, Member of the WGEID ;
- Horacio Ravenna, Vice President at CED;
- Mary Aileen Bacalso, President of ICAED ;
- Jasminka Dzumhur, Ombudgsperson (Bosnia and Herzegovina) ;
- Wadih Al Asmar, President of the CLDH ;
- Mugiyanto, Former Chairperson of IKOHI ;
- Grace Fernandez, Movimiento por Nuestro Desparecidos en México ;
- Luciano Hazan, Member of the WGEID ;
- Alice Edwards, Secretariat Convention Against Torture Initiative (CTI);
- Milica Kolakovic-Bojovic, Member of CED ;
- Gabriella Citroni, Senior Legal Advisor TRIAL international ;
- François Rivasseau, Ambassaor of France at the UN (Geneva);
To represent us, Ahmed El Gasir of Human Rights Solidarity - a member organisation of the FEMED - was present and described the work of the FEMED and its members to the audience.
Please click on the PDF link to find a report of our participation at the conference.